Tuesday 1 June 2010

Ju's 3D butterfly swap

Now this was fun!  I've got a lovely large butterfly stamp bought from a show at Alexandra Palace that can easily be layered.  I've stamped it on to some clear acetate 6 times with Stazon black, and coloured in on the other side with Sharpie permanent pens.  It has to be the other side because they are solvent based and will lift the stamp ink.  I decorated the edges with some glitter glue, allowed it to dry and then cut the images out in decoupage layers.  I coloured a foam disc with the gold Pilot pen and attached some gold beading wire as a hanger and a spiral beaded dangly detail from the bottom.  The layers were attached using small clear glue dots, and the outer layers folded so that the image came alive.  This would be great as a sun-catcher hanging in a window, and I'm on a strict promise to Layla to make one for her room!
 

3 comments:

Ang C said...

WOW!!! This is gorgeous

Kathleen said...

Thanks Connie, I love it! I have it hanging at my window!

ju said...

Just managed to work out how to get here from my blog - doh!! Sorry not visited before. The butterfly is really beautiful! xx